I have successfully only slept in my bed at home once this entire semester so far.
I am finally learning.
It takes time to get used to not being home. Last year I didn't go more than 3 weeks without finding some reason or excuse to take a weekend home. But it is getting easier.
As nice as being home is, there isn't much to do but sit around, eat food, and watch movies. Only a handful of old friends might be home, and family is busy.
Weekends on campus are such a good time to just connect with people, have a good time, and explore the town. They are a chance to actually sleep in, and also time to earn some money working for more than 2 hours at a time.
I used to get stressed and lonely when I wasn't home for a long period of time, but Luther is becoming a second home. I never thought it would happen, but it has. I love my bed, my room, the showers, the food, the town. Everything is wonderful, why leave it?
Home has it's advantages: being with my rents, starbucks/caribou coffee, and actually driving places. But college really is a new life, and a new home. (minus the whole...you know...money thing)
I am however welcoming this easter break to sit and stop thinking about school for awhile. thank goodness
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This makes me both happy and sad.
ReplyDelete